Friday, January 19, 2007

System.out.println("I am going nuts");

I am quite amazed.... I have actually written in my blog quite consistently...

You are not what you think you are but what you think, you are

Okie I think is gonna be short cause I am in the middle of doing a project(it's drivin me nuts).

Alright today was pretty uneventful. It was pretty much school homework and tutorials and such. Nothing much except the fact that one of my group members for my project didn't come(AGAIN).

For those who do not know who she is... continue not to know who she is because I'm gonna complain a lot about her.

Henceforth she shall be known as girl C to protect her identity(it's not girl A or B due to the fact I have already used those alphabets and I am perfectly fine and fond of them(not romantically))

The project was given to us from the beginning of the semester asking us to develop a system for which allows students to select their electives. It was a fairly do-able project given that it was actually considered the easiest among them all.

So yea we went through the weeks doing the project with our assigned workload (with respect to our competency). Everything was actually fine. Perfect if I were to say so myself really. Girl C was actually one of the more hard-working ones in the group. I was actually quite slack(but I still did my job la =) ). So I actually thought things should go quite smoothly for us UNTIL.....

Somewhere in the middle of the semester(near Christmas if I am not wrong). We needed to develop a prototype of our assigned workloads. It didn't need to be near the final product what was needed was a bit of database connections here and there and user Interface all done up. So my team leader asked us to submit our parts to him and he will integrate the system for us.

The next day...

Huzaen: Eh how's the integration?

TeamLeader: you see Girl C's codes....

I looked.... I freaked out...

(this is gonna be a bit techie)

SHE WENT AND PUT ALL THE DATABASE CODES INTO THE JSP PAGES!!!! SHE NEVER NAME ALL THE FILES ACCORDING TO THE NAMING CONVETION!!!!! SHE NEVER FOLLOW ACCORDING TO THE THREE-TIER MODEL!!!!!

(team leader shakes me out of shock)

Team Leader: This sem is gonna be tough again...

And until now... she has not shown her anymore progress of her project... nor has she handed in any deliverables that is due . I dun mind if she was blur or incompetent but what made it worse was that she never even ASK FOR HELP!!!!

until now I have yet to see her for any of the important submission dates.....

most likely one of us remaining ones would have to be heroic again and do her portion of the work......

Anyways that being said I just hope she bucks up la.... I mean... We will have to soon decide whether or not to kick her out and condemn her(it's already nearing the end of the semester). And it's still not a good decision to make... But yea this is life and the working world(actually we're kinda lenient already and gave her a lot of chances) I just dunno how la... It's really all up to her.

Anyway yea It's gonna be Open House down here(not exactly here here but whatever) at NYP from 25 Jan to 27 Jan. So all you O-lvl or ITE graduate peeps do come and take a look!!! It'll be from 10 AM - 6 PM (i think).

And another thing!!!!! Magic Pre-release is here AGAIN!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! PLANAR CHAOS!!!!! SWEE MAN!!!! IT'S Tomorrow and sunday =) magic fans make your way to expo!!!!! but sadly... I am only goin for sunday one in the afternoon :'(....

Gotta finish my work... buai!!

No comments: